Replace A Certificate

If your certificate was lost or stolen, use one of the three options below to request a replacement.

Three Ways to Request a Replacement Certificate


Complete the form and email CustomerService or Mail it to Energy Safety Canada Attn: Training Services 150 - 2 Smed Lane SE, Calgary, AB, T2C 4T5


Log into My Account , click on My Certificates, and select the certificate you wish to order. You will be prompted to enter a credit card number for payment. If you don’t have, or don’t remember the login for your online account, contact Customer Service at 1 800 667 5557, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Mountain Time for login assistance.


Visit an Energy Safety Canada office in Calgary, Nisku, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John or Weyburn. One piece of government-issued photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.) is required and we will process your replacement certificate while you wait, (usually within 10 minutes).

Replacement via Email or Mail - Application Must be Notorized one of Two Ways

Application notarized and stamped by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public
Have your completed application notarized and stamped by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public. (Note: Notaries in BC and Manitoba do not use a stamp.) Many lawyers are Commissioners, your bank may offer this service, or check your local phone directory to find one close to you.
Application notarized and stamped by an ESC Designated Representative
Ask your employer or instructor if they are an Energy Safety Canada Designated Representative. Many oil and gas industry employers, as well as Energy Safety Canada Certified Instructors, are Designated Representatives. Designated Representatives can sign Part C of the Certificate Replacement Form.

If you would like to obtain Designated Representative status with Energy Safety Canada, visit the Registration Process page.

Replacement certificates and Official Transcripts cost $25 plus applicable tax; permits are $50 plus applicable tax.

Replacement fees may be paid at Energy Safety Canada offices in Calgary, Nisku, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John or Weyburn by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), cash or debit. Payment may also be made by credit card over the phone, online, or by completing the Payment Information on your Replacement Certificate Form.

Note: Personal cheques are not accepted.

OSSA Replacement Certificates

To replace or validate an OSSA certificate for: Confined Space, Elevated Work Platform or Fire Watch please contact the provider you received training from.