An employer may request approval from Energy Safety Canada to use an Action Plan in lieu of conducting a maintenance audit to maintain their COR, provided the company meets the necessary requirements. In some cases, employers may find it more valuable to focus their resources on implementing Action Plan items rather than conducting annual maintenance audits. Action Plans are designed to introduce measurable and meaningful improvements to the employer’s occupational health and safety (OHS) management system.
For more information on Action Plans please see the Action Plan Program.
Action Plan Forms
Audit Plan Application – Action Plan Applications open January 1 of the calendar year. To review Action Plan eligibility requirements, review pages 4 and 5 of the Action Plan Program. If your application is including multi-companies, all companies must meet the criteria to be eligible, including having completed one full three year COR audit cycle.
Note: WorkSafeBC is not participating in the Action Plan Program.
Action Plan Proposal/Submission Template
Please download and save the file to your computer to complete the form.
- Application must be submitted prior by January 31, of the calendar year in which the maintenance audit is due
- Proposed action plans must be submitted by March 31, of the calendar year in which the maintenance audit is due
- Amendments, if required, must be submitted prior to October 31, of the calendar year in which the maintenance audit is due
- Action Plan deliverables are due on or before December 31, of the calendar year in which the maintenance audit is due
- For the November/December deadline, the employer must submit the completed Action Plan, together with documentation providing evidence of the completion of the project deliverables, to Energy Safety Canada by December 31 of the maintenance year. Energy Safety Canada is encouraging companies to submit by November 30 to give sufficient time for the review process
The following guidelines and recorded sessions are available to guide employers on the phases of the Action Plan Program.