Become an Authorized Training Provider
You will need to download and complete the Authorized Training Provider Application Process and Form.
In order to properly complete the application form:
- Carefully read the information found on this page
- Fill out the application form in its entirety by carefully following the process steps detailed on the first page of the application form
- Email the application form (along with all relevant documents) to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com
- Call 403 516 8075 to pay the $1,000 application fee
If your application is approved, you will be invited to submit additional documents (as outlined in section 7 (e) through (i) of the application form), and call 403 516 8075 to pay the $1,500 ATP Maintenance Fee.
Once all of the required documents and payment have been received, a confirmation of your application status will be emailed to you, along with an unsigned copy of the Energy Safety Canada Authorized Training Provider Agreement. You will then have to sign the ATP Agreement, and email the signed copy to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com.
At this stage the Authorized Training Provider status will be granted under your company account in our system and your company name and telephone contact number will appear on the online ATP List on the Energy Safety Canada website. Finally, a copy of your ATP Agreement signed by Energy Safety Canada will be sent to you for your records.
Authorized Training Providers will be required to pay the Maintenance Fee annually. Energy Safety Canada will diligently support the network of Authorized Training Providers who deliver its courses to industry workers. The ATP Maintenance Fee supports Energy Safety Canada's ability to:
- Deliver periodic facility reviews
- Conduct Instructor evaluations at ATP locations
- Timely response to ATP inquiries
- Continuing quality assurance initiative
- Efficient course certification processing and student services
- Course document submission support
- Resources for Instructor training and development
- Fraudulent ticket investigation and follow-up with legal services
- Ensuring that all ATPs are held to the same set of standards
- Consistent, clear and timely communication regarding changes in policy, standards or materials
- Course material development and updating
- Provision for ATP Portal on the Energy Safety Canada website with documents, policies and resources
The following documents are necessary for completing the application process. It is recommended that you look through these documents before determining if becoming an Authorized Training Provider is right for you.
If you have any questions about the Authorized Training Provider application process please forward them to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com