Health & Safety Committees and Representatives (HSCR)
This online course is designed to give Health and Safety Committees (HSCs) and Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) an understanding of their legislated duties and responsibilities, and is mandatory under Alberta’s OHS legislation. The course includes content from Introduction to Health and Safety Committees and Representatives (IHSCR), and introduces concepts related to hazard assessment and control, inspections, and incident investigations.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course a Certificate of Completion is available to print. There is no recertification requirement for this course.
- Overview of Alberta's health and safety legislation
- Hazard assessment and control
- Work site inspections and Work site investigations
- Worksite requirements
- Membership and training requirements
- Access to information
- Recommendations to employers
- Meeting requirements
- Guiding documents
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- Students who do not complete the course cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- A government-issued, picture ID