H2S Alive® Blended Renewal
This renewal course shows workers how to work safely in and around Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) environments
Upon successful completion of the Energy Safety Canada online theory exam with a minimum score of 70%, students will then be eligible to complete the skills assessment at an Authorized Training Provider (assessment fees will apply). Successful completion of the skills assessment will result in a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. Should a student be unsuccessful in either the online theory or skills assessment on the first attempt, they will be required to register for the one-day H2S Alive classroom course (registration fees will apply).
- H2S Properties
- Health Hazards and Locations
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
- Current (not expired) H2S Alive certificate
- Government-issued picture ID
- Students must complete all elements of the blended learning in full. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed
- Only students with a current H2S Alive certificate may register for the H2S Alive Blended Renewal.
- Registration does not extend the current certificate.
- Participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air.
- Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques.
- For the skills assessment, students should wear sturdy footwear and clothing compatible with the activity and movement associated with rescue techniques and donning/doffing of an SCBA.
- Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught is required.
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- After completing the online portion, students have 90 days to complete the skills assessment through an ATP in order to be certified.
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- Government-issued, photo ID