Process for Becoming an ATP
To begin the process of becoming an Energy Safety Canada Authorized Training Provider (ATP), download and complete the Authorized Training Provider Application Process and Form (link below). Please note, Energy Safety Canada only accepts applications from organizations within North America.
To submit your ATP application form:
- Email the completed application form and all required supporting documents (see next section below) to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com
- Call 403 516 8075 to pay the $1,000 application fee
The following documents are necessary for completing the application process. It is recommended that you look through these documents before determining if becoming an Authorized Training Provider is right for you.
- Authorized Training Provider Required Pictures Form
- Course Equipment Requirements
- Authorized Training Provider Representative Form
- Authorized Training Provider Handbook
- Authorized Training Provider Agreement (ATP agreement will be sent to you once you have met all ATP requirements)
If you have any questions about the Authorized Training Provider application process, please forward them to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com
When reviewing applications, Energy Safety Canada considers the following criteria:
- Is the application complete, including all supporting documents?
- Are there Certified Instructors currently available to instruct courses in the region?
- Is the region sufficiently serviced by Authorized Training Providers?
- What is the historical business relationship between the applicant and Energy Safety Canada/Enform/OSSA?
- Are the declared facilities and equipment suitable for the courses identified on the application?
- What is the organization's experience delivering adult education?
Energy Safety Canada may require additional information. In some instances, a facility inspection or personal interview may be required before a decision is made.
If Your Application is Approved
When an ATP application is approved, the successful applicant:
- Will be asked to submit additional documents as outlined in section 7 (e) through (i) of the application form)
- Must call 403 516 8075 to pay the $1,500 ATP maintenance fee.
Once all the required documents and maintenance fee are received, you will get an email confirmation of your application status and an unsigned copy of the Energy Safety Canada Authorized Training Provider Agreement. Review and sign the ATP Agreement, and email the signed copy to Training@EnergySafetyCanada.com
At this stage the Authorized Training Provider status will be granted under your company account in our system and your company name and telephone contact number will appear on the online ATP List on the Energy Safety Canada website. Finally, a copy of your ATP Agreement signed by Energy Safety Canada will be sent to you for your records.
Authorized Training Providers are required to pay an annual maintenance fee. These funds are used by Energy Safety Canada to:
- Deliver periodic facility reviews
- Conduct Instructor evaluations at ATP locations
- Provide resources for Instructor training and development
- Investigate fraudulent certificates
- Develop and update course materials
- Maintain the ATP portal on the Energy Safety Canada website (documents, policies and other resources).
Our Commitment to ATPs
ATPs are valued partners and an extension of the Energy Safety Canada team.
Energy Safety Canada is committed to providing ATPs with:
- Clear and timely communication regarding changes in policy, standards or materials
- Tools and tips and tools to help ATPs develop and promote their business (e.g. Brand Ambassador Kit)
- Timely response to inquiries
- Continued quality assurance
- Efficient course certification processing and student services
- Support for course document submissions
- Consistent standards.