Back to Top


  • Print
						Send to a Friend
In This Section
OSSA Training and Replacement Card Information

Permanent Energy Safety Canada Certificates are issued upon successful course completion. Only one certificate, per course, is valid. This means that being awarded a certificate for successfully completing a course will immediately void a certificate for that same course which was taken on a prior date but may not have yet reached its expiry.

Certificates will be linked to Energy Safety Canada's database following course completion. Once linked, Energy Safety Canada certificates can be validated using the Validate a Certificate tool.

If an error is identified on a certificate before a student leaves the course, the certificate will be voided and they will instead be given a Temporary Course Completion Letter. This letter is valid for 30 days from the day of course completion. A new certificate will be mailed to the student prior to the expiration of the letter.

If you have questions about Energy Safety Canada certificates, are unable to validate a certificate, or have identified an error on a certificate in your possession and require a replacement, please contact Enrolment Services at customerservice@energysafetycanada.com or call toll free at 1-800-667-5557.

To best protect students’ certification and protect against the fraudulent use of their certificate, we cannot copy, fax or scan and send a copy of your certificate to the student or anyone else. While this can be inconvenient, our first priority is to protect students and their information. We can however, provide students or their employer verbal and/or email confirmation of their certification status. If a student or their employer calls Enrolment Services, we will gladly confirm that the student has been certified in a certain class and we will supply their expiry date as well. 

Obtaining Training Information 

Students can obtain an Administrative Record of Training through My Account. They must create an account that is linked to their certification and upon log-in they need to go to “My Certifications”.  If an Official Record of Training (Transcript) is required one can be ordered online through My Account in the store or by following the replacement certificate process for the form (see option 3 below) and entering: “Official Transcript” in the Name of Requested Certificate on Part A of the form.

Obtaining a Replacement Certificate

There are 3 options for obtaining a replacement certificate:

  1. In Person
    Coming into an Energy Safety Canada location is the fastest way to obtain a replacement Energy Safety Canada certificate.
    Visit an Energy Safety Canada office in Calgary, Nisku, Fort St. John or Weyburn along with one piece of government-issued photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.) and we will process your replacement certificate while you wait, (usually within 10 minutes).
  2. My Account
    Replacements certificates can be obtained through My Account. If you already have an account you can log into energysafetycanada.com and apply for a replacement certificate online with credit card payment. The certificate will be mailed to the address on your account. If you haven’t yet created an account please visit enform.ca to set it up.
  3. Replacement Application Form
    The form can be obtained at Energy Safety Canada offices in Calgary, Nisku, Fort St. John or Weyburn. You may also download the form here. Completed forms can be submitted by mail or emailed to CustomerService@EnergySafetyCanada.com

    To obtain a replacement certificate using the form and have the certificate sent to you, the form must be notarized in order to verify your identify. This can be done in 1 of 2 ways:

    1. Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public - To receive a replacement certificate by mail, you must print and complete the Energy Safety Canada Replacement Certificate Application Form. Then have your application notarized and stamped* by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public (many lawyers are Commissioners, ask at your bank for this service, or check your local phone directory to find one close to you).
    2. Through Your Employer or Instructor- Ask your employer (or instructor) if they are an Energy Safety Canada Designated Representative. Many oil and gas industry employers, as well as Energy Safety Canada instructors, are Designated Representatives. Designated Representatives can sign Part C of the Replacement Certificate Application Form.

    If you would like to obtain Designated Representative status with Energy Safety Canada see instructions here.  

Official Transcript

Another option for obtaining an Official Transcript besides through My Account is by following the replacement certificate process for the Form and entering: “Official Transcript” in the Name of Requested Certificate on Part A of the form.   


Replacement certificates and Official Transcripts cost $25 plus applicable tax; permits are $50 plus applicable tax.

You can pay for your replacement fee by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash or debit at Energy Safety Canada offices in Calgary, Nisku, Fort St. John or Weyburn. Credit card details can be sent on your application, or we can take your payment over the phone. Credit cards are accepted online.

Note: Personal cheques are not accepted.

*Notaries do not use a stamp in BC & Manitoba.

Follow & Share

Enform Online Chat