Wellhead Boom Truck Operator 21.1
Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) will issue apprenticeship and journeyman trade certificates for this course. A formal Energy Safety Canada certificate will not be given for this course.
- Boom truck inspections
- Safe operating practices
- Rules and responsibilities
- Reading and using capacity charts
- Wire rope
- Rigging safety
- Hands-on-boom operation
PrerequisitesThe Energy Safety Canada Wellhead Boom Truck Operator (WHBT) course is the technical training component for candidates pursuing apprenticeship in the WHBT trade. Candidates wishing to pursue an apprenticeship in the WHBT trade must first submit a completed Apprenticeship Application Form to Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) for approval. Application forms and additional information on the WHBT trade are available from any AIT office or at Trade Secrets Alberta. Once registered with AIT and accepted as a Registered Apprentice, the candidate may apply and register for the Energy Safety Canada WHBT course.
Application ProcessOnce the candidate application has been processed and accepted by AIT:
- Complete and submit the WHBT Application Form to WHBT@EnergySafetyCanada.com
- Upon email notification from Energy Safety Canada that the application is successfully approved, please contact Energy Safety Canada at CustomerService@EnergySafetyCanada.com or 1.800.667.5557 to register into an upcoming WHBT course.
- CSA Approved hard hat
- CSA Approved seasonal footwear
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- Flame-resistant protective coveralls or clothing
- Seasonal leather gloves
- Please ensure you bring your own equipment.
- Prior to registering for the Energy Safety Canada course, applicants must have their work experience verified by Apprenticeship and Industry Training Office.
- Visit Trade Secrets Alberta to view the exam counseling sheets, textbook, and resource listings.
- As an alternative to attending regularly scheduled WHBT courses at Energy Safety Canada offices, Energy Safety Canada also offers this course on a contract basis at employer sites. Employers may contact WHBT@EnergySafetyCanada.com for details and contract pricing.
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction as per the Cancellation Policy. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed.
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- All registrations, at all locations, are booked through Energy Safety Canada