Confined Space Entry and Monitor
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in the oil and gas industry. This course is offered online or in classroom through the Energy Safety Canada Authorized Training Provider (ATP) network. This training teaches participants to identify, understand and mitigate the potential hazards of working in restricted and confined spaces.
Developed using the Canadian Standards Association’s Z1006-16 Management of Work in Confined Spaces and the Canadian Association of Oil and Gas Producers’ Code of Practice for Confined Space.
Those responsible for the entry, planning and supervising of confined space activities; and for those administering employees and/or monitoring entry into restricted or confined spaces.
Upon successful completion of the required proctored exam with a minimum score of 70% you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. Please note: Online training will have a proctored examination.
- Roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors
- OH&S legislated standards
- Code of Practice and requirements for developing one
- Identification and classification of restricted and confined spaces
- Requirements for working in or around restricted and confined spaces
- Hazard assessment and control methods for restricted and confined spaces
- Entry planning and permitting
- Atmospheric testing
- Signage and tagging
- Emergency response
- Participants are given 2 attempts at the final exam. It is strongly recommended to review all course material between attempts. If more attempts are required, please contact Customer Service.
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- Students who do not complete the course cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- A government-issued, picture ID is required to complete the final exam and obtain certification