Instructional Skills Development
Upon successful completion of this course, students will become a Candidate Instructor and continue in the training process, which includes a co-teach and accreditation evaluations. A formal Energy Safety Canada certificate will not be provided for this course.
- Principles of Adult Learning
- ROPES Lesson Delivery Model
- Methods of Instructional Delivery
- Two individual presentations (20 minute + 30 minute)
- Energy Safety Canada Instructor Orientation (including Code of Ethics)
- ESC Recommends an approved application (in anticipated course to instruct) and successful Skills assessment and Competency exam (if applicable).
- Previous experience instructing adults is an asset.
Certificate RenewalThis is a permanent certification and required to instruct any Energy Safety Canada course
- An ATP Referral form must be submitted and approved (found on ATP Portal)
- Application documents (including 2 references) must be submitted completely (found on ATP Portal) and payment received
- Register and pay for the course (dates and locations listed on the website under course detail)
NotesStudents must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- Students must be prepared with presentation pre-work completed. (accurately)
- Students must be able to present confidently in front of the class
- Students must participate in all group work and discussions
- Employ ROPES instruction method in both required course presentations
- All registrations, at all locations, are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- A laptop with PowerPoint capabilities (to use in the evenings to prepare for in class individual presentations)
- Student manual for the course intending to instruct