Safety Management & Regulatory Awareness for Wellsite Supervision Refresher
Notes: Safety Management & Regulatory Awareness for Wellsite Supervision Refresher is no longer IRP 7 compliant
Supervisor Leadership for Health and Safety in the Workplace is the only course offered by Energy Safety Canada that is compliant with the new IRP 7 (Competencies for critical roles in drilling and completions)The Safety Management & Regulatory Awareness for Wellsite Supervision Refresher – Online course will provide wellsite supervisors and prime contractors with a refresher on how to maintain a high level understanding of the responsibilities and roles with respect to safety management and regulatory compliance at the wellsite.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of the online course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years from the date of completion. Effective February 11th, 2019 - Bridging of certificate expiry dates will no longer be in effect.
Topics CoveredThis course will provide a refresher on provincial legislation and regulations as well as industry practices for Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
- Responsibilities for health and safety legislation
- Health and safety program elements
- Supervisor’s role
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and control
- Incident investigation
- Emergency response
- Leadership skills
- To qualify for the Safety Management and Regulatory Awareness Refresher course, you must currently have a Safety Management & Regulatory Certificate (can be expired, but not exceeding two years. This is in no way an extension to certificate validity and working with an expired ticket is not acceptable to the regulatory authorities. Extending the prerequisite for a period of time is to facilitate training only).
- You must have a basic understanding of DACC IRP 7 and the material covered in the full three-day version of this program.
- Upon registration and payment of the online course, you have 30 days to complete the course and exam.
- This course finishes with an Open Book Exam: Once the exam has started, you can look back and reference the modules, without losing already answered exam questions.
- Once you have started the course, or exam, you can exit out and go back in where you left off, however, you must complete the current module or you will lose your progress.
- Students can attempt the examination twice, regardless of what their previous grade was. The second attempt must be completed within the same day as the first attempt.
- Students have 3 1/2 hours to complete the online exam.