Health & Safety Committees and Representatives (HSCR)
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course a Certificate of Completion is available to print. There is no recertification requirement for this course.
- Overview of Alberta's health and safety legislation
- Hazard assessment and control
- Work site inspections and Work site investigations
- Worksite requirements
- Membership and training requirements
- Access to information
- Recommendations to employers
- Meeting requirements
- Guiding documents
This online course is designed to give Health and Safety Committees (HSCs) and Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) an understanding of their legislated duties and responsibilities, and is mandatory under Alberta’s OHS legislation. The course includes content from Introduction to Health and Safety Committees and Representatives (IHSCR), and introduces concepts related to hazard assessment and control, inspections, and incident investigations.