First Line Supervisor Blowout Prevention
For first line supervisors (drillers) who work on a drilling rig. Content contains the theories of blowout prevention and how to use warning signs to recognize a kick and safely shut-in a well.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
- Source and magnitude of pressure
- Causes and warning signs of kicks
- Shut-in procedures
- Crew positions and duties during well control operations
- Procedures for circulating out influxes
- Government regulations
Exam Challenge Certificate RenewalThe examination may be challenged every second renewal, provided your current certification has not expired. To learn more about how to register for the challenge exam or how to access materials in preparation for the challenge exam, contact Energy Safety Canada by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.667.5557
- Effective February 11, 2019: Bridging of certificate expiry dates will no longer be in effect
- If you fail the exam following the course or when taking a challenge exam, you are allowed one rewrite within a 30-day period. Rewrite fees apply. If at any time the exam is failed twice, you will be required to retake the full four-day course
- All registrations, at all locations, are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for the Second Line Supervisor’s Well Control course. Students must have a passing grade from the First Line course in order to register for Second Line.