Fall Protection for Rig Work
Workers who work on drilling and service rigs will learn how to use fall protection equipment safely at height.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
- Basic concepts and elements of fall protection
- Equipment inspection and care
- Body support devices – harness; connecting components and devices; double-leg lanyards and work positioning; cable ladder climbing systems; Vertical Rope Lifelines (VRLs); Horizontal Lifelines (HLLs); Self-Retracting Devices
- Hands-on training that includes: climbing to height using fall protection equipment; work positioning, anchorage connection; and transfer between fall protection systems
- Approved hard hat with chin strap
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- CSA Approved safety toe footwear
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Full length pants (no shorts)
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- Fall Rescue for Rig Work (upon completion of Fall Protection for Rig Work)