Well Service Blowout Prevention
Rig drillers, service rig managers and wellsite supervisors will learn the procedures for well killing operations on a service rig.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for five years.
- Sources and magnitude of pressures
- Causes of kicks
- BOP equipment
- Kick warning signs
- Crew positions and duties
- Well shut-in procedures
- Well killing procedures
- Government regulations
- The examination may be challenged every second renewal, provided your current certification has expired by no more than 30 days or until the next available session.
- To learn more about how to register for the challenge exam or how to access materials in preparation for the challenge exam, contact Energy Safety Canada by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.667.5557
- If you fail the exam following the course, you are allowed one rewrite within a 30-day period. Rewrite fees will apply. If you fail the rewrite, you will be required to retake the full course.
- All registration are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Students must be on time and present for all virtual classroom course content instruction.
- Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm