Second Line Supervisor Well Control (Test Well)
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for two years.
- The purpose of well control
- Understanding wellbore pressures
- Leak-off tests
- Over-pressure and kick warning signs
- Causes of kicks
- Kicks with oil-based mud
- Blowout prevention equipment and operation
- Well control methods
- Advanced well control situations, including managed pressure drilling and underbalanced wells
- Horizontal and multi-lateral wells
- High pressure/high temperature wells
- Case studies
- Hands-on training at live test wells and computer based simulators
To register online participants must hold one of the following certificates:
- Valid First Line Supervisor's Blowout Prevention certificate.
- A Second Line Supervisor's Well Control Certificate (can be expired, but not exceeding two years. This is in no way an extension to certificate validity and working with an expired ticket is not acceptable to the regulatory authorities. Extending the pre-requisite for a period of time is to facilitate training only)
To register with the following Supervisor level certifications please call 1.800.667.5557
- (IWCF) International Well Control Forum
- (IADC) International Association of Drilling Contractors - WellCAP or WellSHARP
- "The above may be accepted provided the certificate hasn't expired by no more than two years.*
- Government issued photo ID is required to write the exam
- Effective February 11, 2019 - Bridging of certificate expiry dates will no longer be in effect.
- If you fail the exam following the course, you are allowed one rewrite within a 30-day period. Rewrite fees will apply. If you fail the rewrite, you will be required to retake the course (excluding test well) within 30 days.
- If you fail the Test Well, you must rescheduled within 30 days of the original course (day five). If not completed within 30 days, the full five-day course must be completed. Full course fees apply.
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- On the final day of this course, students are required to attend the Test Well and exam at Energy Safety Canada in Nisku, AB