Common Safety Orientation
This online course provides new workers with safety messaging that explains safe work practices and how to recognize and address hazards in the workplace. The course is designed to eliminate the need for redundant general orientation training by covering common workplace safety information. Participants will learn the 10 Life Saving Rules, emergency preparedness and response procedures, and how to report both incidents and near misses.
CSO is available online or in the classroom. The online version is available for access on any computer that has a webcam
Upon CompletionThe online course ends with a proctored exam. Upon achieving a passing grade on the exam with a minimum score of 80%, a Certificate of Completion that does not expire will be available to print.
- Personal accountability for a safe work environment
- Arriving ready to work
- Major hazards
- Life Saving Rules
- Worksite maintenance
- Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Safe work communications
- Contributing to a respectful workplace
EquipmentFor the online course you will need:
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- A government-issued, picture ID is required to complete the final exam and obtain certification
- For the online course participants are given two attempts at the final exam; if a second attempt is required, it is strongly recommended to review all the course material before trying again.
- All registration are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Course can be accessed for 90 days from initial registration
- Students who do not complete the course cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy