Oilfield Driver Awareness (ODA)
Workers who drive in oilfield driving environments will learn tactics to improve their driving behaviours and better understand the factors that influence driver attitudes.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 80%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. Participants with an Alberta Operator’s License who receive 80% or better on the written examination are eligible for a reduction of up to three demerit points from their driving record from Alberta Transportation through any Alberta registries agent.
Topics CoveredThis course is approved by Alberta Transportation as a Defensive Driving Course (DDC). Workers will learn:
- Professional driving attitude
- Defensive driving skills
- Regulations and policies
- National Safety Code (NSC) requirements
- Proper vehicle inspection
- Off-highway driving techniques
- Road conditions and hazards
- Journey management
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm
- All course registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada.