Basic First Aid - Level A CPR
For 2024 course dates and registrations please contact Customer Service at 1-800-667-5557
In this basic one-day course students will learn lifesaving first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home.
This Red Cross certified course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years. This course is certified through the Canadian Red Cross.
- Emergency scene management
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR & AED
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Opioid poisoning awareness
- Understand and successfully demonstrate all required skills
- 100% attendance and participation
- 75% minimum passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation
- Adherence to the Red Cross’s Fundamental Principles
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm