Building Capacity to Manage Pressure
This online course is a result of a creative sentencing project in partnership with the Alberta Government and an oil and gas well servicing company.
- Incident Review – 3D video re-creation of the events that led to the death of an oil and gas worker
- Understanding Pressure – introduction to pressure and its dangers
- Understanding Human and Organizational Performance – introduction to how humans and organizations perform in real-world environments
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion that does not expire and is available to print.
Designed ForThis course is designed for anyone that has a basic understanding of safety and work in the oil and gas industry. This includes frontline workers, supervisors, health and safety, engineers, management, and anyone else that is involved in the planning, management, and execution of work. For personnel who may not have a basic understanding of safety and work in the oil and gas industry, the Common Safety Orientation (CSO) course is recommended prior to registering for this course.
For the online course you will need:
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Speakers (headset recommended)
- Device equipped with a mouse
- Monitor with a minimum resolution of 1280 x 800
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- This course will take between 3.5 to 4.5 hours to complete
- Do not use browser or window zoom functions as they will interfere with the game interactions
- This course is offered free to industry for three years, after which it will be offered for a cost in accordance with other course offerings
- All registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.