Building Capacity to Manage Pressure
This online course is a result of a creative sentencing project in partnership with the Alberta Government and an oil and gas well servicing company.Serious incidents, like this tragic pressure incident, are often complex and involve several factors. These factors may not be immediately evident and can lead to an overly simplified understanding of how an incident occurred and what follow-up actions are needed. This course takes the student on a journey to better understand how successful work gets done and what it takes to make the next step change in performance.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion that does not expire and is available to print.
- Incident Review – 3D video re-creation of the events that led to the death of an oil and gas worker
- Understanding Pressure – introduction to pressure and its dangers
- Understanding Human and Organizational Performance – introduction to how humans and organizations perform in real-world environments
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- Government-issued, photo ID
- Do not use browser or window zoom functions as they will interfere with the game interactions
- Participants are given five attempts at the final exam. It is strongly recommended to review all course material between attempts. If more attempts are required, please contact Customer Service.
- This course is offered free to industry until December 31, 2024, after which it will be offered for a cost in accordance with other course offerings
- All registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours