Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Prevention Exam Challenge
Effective August 1st, 2022; Students registering for a Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Prevention Exam Challenge, must hold a current (not expired) certificate. Students will have 90 days to complete the exam.
The Coiled Tubing challenge exam can be challenged every second renewal.
Students opting to challenge the exam must first register with Energy Safety Canada. Once registered, the student is responsible to contact an Approved Testing Facility to schedule a date and time for the exam (sitting fees may apply). The exam will be conducted on a computer at an approved testing facility through an online proctoring system. The exam will only be accessible once you arrive at the testing facility. Students will have 90 days to complete the exam.
Upon achieving a passing grade of 70% or higher on the exam, you will receive a self-print Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Prevention Certificate that will expire on the same date as your current Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate.
- Coil tubing equipment
- Coil tubing tools and accessories
- Coil tubing blowout prevention
- Wellhead equipment
- Flowback systems
- Well control responses
PrerequisitesTo register, participants must hold a Coiled Tubing Blowout Prevention certificate that is valid AND a Well Service Blowout Prevention certificate that is valid.
An electronic copy of the self-study manual will be accessible within your First Line exam challenge registration, in your EnergySafetyCanada.com account.
- Government issued photo ID
- Basic calculator (some facility may not have calculator for you)
- Blank paper and writing instruments
- To learn more about how to register for the challenge exam, contact Energy Safety Canada: CustomerService@EnergySafetyCanada.com or 1.800.667.5557
- If unsuccessful on the exam challenge, the full one-day course must be completed.
- Students who miss a scheduled appointment for the challenge exam at Energy Safety Canada will not be reimbursed their registration fee per the Cancellation Policy