Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Prevention Exam Challenge
The Coiled Tubing challenge exam can be challenged every second renewal. A current Coiled Tubing Blowout Prevention certificate that is valid or has expired by no more than 30 days AND a Well Service Blowout Prevention certificate that is valid or has expired by no more than 30 days is required to take the challenge exam.
Students opting to challenge the exam must first register with Energy Safety Canada. Once registered, the student is responsible to contact an Approved Testing Facility to schedule a date and time for the exam (sitting fees may apply). The exam will be conducted on a computer at an approved testing facility through an online proctoring system. The exam will only be accessible once you arrive at the testing facility. This is a one time registration that is only valid for 30 days from the date of registration.
Upon CompletionUpon achieving a passing grade of 70% or higher on the exam, you will receive a self-print Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Prevention Certificate that will expire on the same date as your current Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate.
- Coil tubing equipment
- Coil tubing tools and accessories
- Coil tubing blowout prevention
- Wellhead equipment
- Flowback systems
- Well control responses
- Government issued photo ID
- Basic calculator (some facility may not have calculator for you)
- Blank paper and writing instruments
- To learn more about how to register for the challenge exam or how to access materials in preparation for the challenge exam, contact Energy Safety Canada: email@example.com or 1.800.667.5557
- If unsuccessful on the exam challenge, the full one-day course must be completed.
- Students who miss a scheduled appointment for the challenge exam at Energy Safety Canada will not be reimbursed their registration fee per the Cancellation Policy