Well Service Blowout Prevention Exam Challenge
The Well Service Blowout Prevention exam can be challenged every second renewal. A current Well Service Blowout Prevention certificate that is valid or has expired by no more than 30 days is required to take the challenge exam.
Students opting to challenge the exam must first register with Energy Safety Canada. Once registered, the student is responsible to contact an Approved Testing Facility to schedule a date and time for the exam (sitting fees may apply). The exam will be conducted on a computer at an approved testing facility through an online proctoring system. The exam will only be accessible once you arrive at the testing facility. This is a one time registration that is only valid for 30 days from the date of registration.Students must complete the Accumulator Tutorial content prior to the exam, this content is accessible within your Well Service exam challenge registration, in your EnergySafetyCanada.com account. It is recommended that the Accumulator Tutorial is complete, prior to arriving at the approved testing facility.
Upon CompletionUpon achieving a passing grade of 70% or higher on the exam, you will receive a self-print Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate valid for five years.
- Sources and magnitude of pressures
- Causes of kicks
- BOP equipment
- Kick warning signs
- Crew positions and duties
- Well shut-in procedures
- Well killing procedures
- Government regulations
- Government issued photo ID
- Basic calculator (some facility may not have calculator for you)
- Blank paper and writing instruments
- To learn more about how to register for the challenge exam or how to access materials in preparation for the challenge exam, contact Energy Safety Canada: email@example.com or 1.800.667.5557
- If unsuccessful on the exam challenge, the full four-day course must be completed.
- All registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Challenges can only be taken at an approved testing facility
- Sitting fees may apply at approved testing facilities
- Students who miss a scheduled appointment for the challenge exam at Energy Safety Canada will not be reimbursed their registration fee per the Cancellation Policy