This course is taught exclusively by our Authorized Training Providers.
Oil and gas workers often work near flammable substances, and sometimes that work requires welding or other operations posing fire hazards. If not managed properly, the risk of an accident and injury under these conditions can be severe.
This course covers the duties of the Fire Watch position who oversees work posing a fire risk. Participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a Fire Watch before, during and after hot work including reviewing permits, hazard identification, communication and emergency response.
This course replaces all formerly approved OSSA Fire Watch classroom training.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
- Explain the basic properties of fire and heat transfer
- Identify preferred methods to control the potential for fire and sparks using the hierarchy of controls
- Explain role of the Fire Watch before, during and after hot work
- Demonstrate the operation of a fire extinguisher in a simulated or live fire exercise
- All registration are booked through our Authorized Training Providers
- This course replaces all formerly approved OSSA Fire Watch classroom training