Understanding Our Canadian Model
Understanding the Canadian Model is delivered by BuildForce and a collaborative effort between the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA), Boilermaker Contractors Association (BCA), Canada’s Building Trade Unions (CBTU), Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC), Construction Labour Relations-Alberta (CLR-A), Electrical Contractors Association Alberta (ECAA), and Energy Safety Canada.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion a certificate will be available to print. This certificate does not expire.
Topics CoveredAfter completing the program participants will be able to
- Describe the extent of alcohol and drug use in the workplace
- Explain the Alcohol and Drug Work Rule
- Identify behaviors related to substance use
- Investigate and document alcohol and drug related performance problems
- Advise workers on how they can obtain assistance
- Decide whether to refer employees for appropriate testing.
- Describe testing procedures and know your role in the process.
- Respond to failure to comply with the Work Rule and the procedures for re-employment
- Apply the Canadian Model using a team approach