Fall Rescue for Rig Work
Workers, supervisors, managers and safety personnel learn how to perform rescues safely when working at heights.
This comprehensive fall rescue course was developed in conjunction with CAODC (Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors). Participants will also learn how to assess rescue situations, understand rescue principles and roles, and conduct simulated fall rescue operations. It contains both theory and practical exercises.
Upon CompletionUpon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
- Fall rescue operations: site assessment; casualty assessment; rescue principles; rescue team roles; equipment; post-incident activities; and rescue scenarios.
- Practical training includes climbing to height using fall protection equipment; work positioning; anchorage connection; and transfer between fall protection systems.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own PPE
- Approved hard hat with chin strap
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- CSA Approved safety toe footwear
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Full length pants (no shorts)
- The hands-on portion of the training includes climbing to height using fall protection equipment, work positioning, anchorage connection and transfer between fall protection systems
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm