Certified Health and Safety Auditor Program
This course instructs health and safety professionals who have management and/or supervisory experience, how to conduct safety management system audits.
Upon CompletionAfter the course, there will be a practicum that includes a full health and safety audit. Upon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 80%, you must submit a qualification audit within six months of the last day of class for review by Energy Safety Canada Audit Reviewers. A formal Energy Safety Canada certificate will not be provided for this course. Once the qualification audit is approved, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
- Overview of the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program
- Roles and responsibilities within the audit process
- Review of Energy Safety Canada’s Auditor Code of Ethics
- Overview of Energy Safety Canada’s COR audit protocol
- Overview of the ten steps of auditing
- Energy Safety Canada’s Audit Instrument will be reviewed in detail throughout the course
- An approved application to become either an Internal or External Energy Safety Canada Auditor.
- Completion of Energy Safety Canada’s Safety Program Development course or fulfillment of the educational requirements of an External Auditor candidate.
- Participants must apply for one of the two auditor streams, Internal or External Auditor, as explained on the Certified Health and Safety Auditor Application Process:
- Internal (maintenance) auditors are able to perform internal audits for the single company at which they are employed full-time.
- External auditors are able to perform Certification audits, Renewal audits, and Maintenance audits for any company.
- All registrations, at all locations, are booked through Energy Safety Canada.
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy.
- Course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm