Vapour Plume Ignition Training
This course prepares workers to safely and effectively manage uncontrolled vapour plumes from wells, pipelines, production and/or storage facilities.
Upon CompletionParticipants must successfully demonstrate practical skills and complete the theoretical examination with a minimum score of 80%. You will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
Topics CoveredDay One:
- Emergency response and public safety assessment
- Operational considerations affecting plume release
- Plume development and dispersion factors
- Pre-ignition hazard assessment
- Plume ignition equipment and procedures
- Additional theory
- Field practical exercise
- Various ignition devices
- Written exam
PrerequisitesStudents should have basic firearms and range safety knowledge
- CSA approved hard hat
- CSA approved seasonal footwear
- CSA approved safety glasses
- Flame-resistant protective coveralls or clothing
- Seasonal leather gloves
- Rain gear
- Students may bring their own flare pistol but are required to demonstrate to the instructor that their personal flare is in good working order. Energy Safety Canada has a limited number of free “loaner” flare pistols for student use. Each student will receive 10 flare cartridges - this $250.00 value is now included in the program fee.
- The infield practical exercise portion of this course is delivered at our Genesee Ignition Training Facility. Students are required to provide their own transportation
- All registrations, at all locations, are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction. Students who miss any course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy