Common Safety Orientation
This course provides new workers with safety messaging that explains safe work practices and eliminates the need for redundant general orientation training. CSO is available online or in the classroom. The online version is available for access on any computer that has a webcam
Upon CompletionThe online course ends with a proctored exam. Upon achieving a passing grade on the exam with a minimum score of 80 per cent a certificate of completion that does not expire will be available to print.
- Personal accountability for a safe work environment
- Arriving ready to work
- Major hazards
- Life Saving Rules
- Worksite maintenance
- Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Safe work communications
- Contributing to a respectful workplace
- Government issued picture ID is needed for either online or the classroom course.
- Internet Access - latest version of Chrome
- Web Camera (used only during the final exam)
- Headphones or Speakers (optional)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course (optional)
- For the online course participants are given two attempts at the final exam; if a second attempt is required, it is strongly recommended to review all the course material before trying again.