Detection and Control of Flammable Substances
There are several hazards located at oil and gas industry worksites with the potential to cause serious worker injury, health risks, and/or property damage. In particular, complex mixtures of different types of products found as solids, liquids, gases and/or vapours can be flammable, toxic, corrosive or radioactive.
The Detection and Control of Flammable Substances course is designed to familiarize participants with the hazards of flammable substances, precautionary measures for working in environments where flammable substances are present, and proper detection practices using catalytic detection instruments. This training enables participants to identify flammable substances (gases/vapours), their associated hazards and what control methods can be used. It includes both theory and practical exercises.
Upon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
- Introduction to flammable substances
- Principles of flammable gas/vapour
- Care and preparation of combustible gas monitors
- Sampling strategies and interpretation of monitor readings
- Control methods for high combustible gas readings
- All registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- Students who do not complete the course content cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy
- The course duration may continue beyond 4:30 pm