Follow Up Information for Auditor Certification/Recertification
January 17, 2022
Certified auditors must be recertified at least once every three years. To be eligible for recertification, auditors must:
- Attend an auditor refresher training session within the three-year certification period, and
- Successfully complete one audit (this is a change from a previous requirement of two audits) within the three-year certification period.
Auditors holding limited status (i.e., after completing a documentation-only qualification audit in 2020 or 2021), must conduct a second qualification audit. The second audit must include both documentation and interviews (conducted remotely) and be completed by December 31, 2022.
- Focused training on interviews and use of the audit tool will be available soon.
For certification, auditor candidates are required to:
- Complete auditor training covering all required content,
- Pass the full auditor exam covering all required content, and
- Successfully complete a qualification audit based on both documentation and interviews (conducted remotely).