SECOR Assessor Refresher Training
January 4, 2021
Every three years, SECOR Assessors must attend an Energy Safety Canada-approved training course (based on the anniversary date of your most recent required training course).
To view your training record with us, log into My Account and select My Certifications.
Available courses for SECOR Assessor Refresher training are:
• Safety Program Development
• Hazard Management
• Incident and Accident Investigation
• Supervisor Leadership for Health & Safety in the Workplace
• Oilfield Driver Awareness
• Understanding our Canadian Model
• Health & Safety Committees and Representatives
Designated SECOR Assessor
A company’s designated SECOR Assessor should be one of the following: the company owner, the most senior operational person, or an employee familiar with the overall work operation. Whoever is chosen must successfully complete the Energy Safety Canada Safety Program Development course. The SECOR Assessor completes the small employer audit each year and submits the audit for review.
Energy Safety Canada's procedure for SECOR Assessor's can be viewed here.