Action Plan Application Process Re-Opened
March 23, 2020
The new deadline to apply is April 15, 2020.
Action Plans can be used in lieu of conducting a maintenance audit in order to maintain a company's COR, provided the company meets the necessary requirements.
Benefits: An Action Plan maps out a process to address any gaps identified in previous audits, and is an effective way for companies to maintain their COR and continue enhancing their safety program.
- The employer must have a current regular COR. (Please note - WorkSafeBC currently does not support Action Plans. If you hold a BC COR a regular maintenance audit will need to be conducted to maintain the BC COR).
- The employers must be in a maintenance year and have completed one full, three-year COR audit cycle.
- The employer must obtain written approval from Energy Safety Canada to use an Action Plan.
- The last certification audit must have achieved a 85% or higher as an overall score, or if applicable, achieved an 80% or higher in the previous year's action plan.
New for 2020:
• Action Plan Submission Guidance Document
Safety Audits and Certifications
Energy Safety Canada
1 800 667 5557 ext. 3