Requesting a Replacement Certificate

There are three ways to request a replacement certificate:

  1. In Person: Visit an Energy Safety Canada office in Calgary, Nisku, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John or Weyburn. One piece of government-issued photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.) is required and we will process your replacement certificate while you wait, (usually within 10 minutes).
  2. Online: Log into My Account , click on My Certificates, and select the certificate you wish to order. You will be prompted to enter a credit card number for payment. Please note, although Purolator is listed as a delivery option, certificates are only mailed via Canada Post and will be sent to the address on your account. 
    If you don’t have or don’t remember the login for your online account, contact Customer Service at 1 800 667 5557, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Mountain Time for login assistance.
  3. Email or Mail: Complete a Replacement Certificate Form and email it to or mail it to Energy Safety Canada, Attn: Enrolment Services, 5055 11 Street NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 8N4.

When requesting a replacement certificate via email or mail, the Certificate Replacement Form must be notarized to verify your identify. This can be done in one of two ways:

  • Have your completed application notarized and stamped by a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public. (Note: Notaries in BC and Manitoba do not use a stamp.) Many lawyers are Commissioners, your bank may offer this service, or check your local phone directory to find one close to you.
  • OR, ask your employer or instructor if they are an Energy Safety Canada Designated Representative. Many oil and gas industry employers, as well as Energy Safety Canada Certified Instructors, are Designated Representatives. Designated Representatives can sign Part C of the Certificate Replacement Form.

If you would like to obtain Designated Representative status with Energy Safety Canada, see instructions here.


Replacement certificates and Official Transcripts cost $25 plus applicable tax; permits are $50 plus applicable tax.

Replacement fees may be paid at Energy Safety Canada offices in Calgary, Nisku, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John or Weyburn by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), cash or debit. Payment may also be made by credit card over the phone, online, or by completing the Payment Information on your Replacement Certificate Form.

Our goal:

Zero injuries.

Zero incidents.