Helping employers improve their safety performance
Safety Support and Mentoring
Improve safety performance, empower your workers and reduce compensation costs with Energy Safety Canada’s customized safety support and mentoring. We can:
- Schedule one-on-one consultations and work with you over time to identify safety issues and develop an action plan.
- Help you identify safety gaps through activities like risk assessments, bowtie analyses, and more.
- Perform a gap analysis for areas such as onboarding, return to work plans, safety management systems and COR audits.
Data Collection and Sharing
Energy Safety Canada has a contractual relationship with each provincial workers compensation board. Using WCB claim data, we provide employers with reports that can:
- Outline your safety performance in comparison to your industry peer group.
- Highlight trends for sector-specific injury data.
- Focus on specific options for prevention and intervention with each employer.
- To help ensure the safety of your workers, Energy Safety Canada and our nation-wide network of Authorized Training Providers (ATPs) offer more than 40 oil and gas safety courses.
- Depending on the course requirements and your company’s needs, delivery methods include online, classroom and on-site training.
- Some courses can be customized to meet your company’s specific requirements.
Energy Safety Canada has ready-made resources to help you with everything from your team safety meetings to company-wide safety policies.
- Toolbox Talks are ready-made safety meeting presentations on a variety of topics.
- Safety Alerts provide recommendations from actual incidents submitted by industry.
- Safety Bulletins share proactive news and tips on timely safety topics.
- Program Development Guidelines help you implement new safety programs within your company or further develop existing ones.
- Industry Recommended Practices (IRPs) are developed in collaboration with industry and provide recommended practices for technical and health and safety management in upstream operations.
- Videos, posters and checklists for a variety of safety topics are all available from the Resources section of our website.
Stay informed and learn from industry experts. A variety of events—including workshops, lunch-and-learns, regional meetings to share best practices, and conferences—are offered throughout the year on a wide range of safety topics. Be sure to subscribe so you receive notifications for events in your area.
Certificate of Recognition (COR)
COR is a proven way for employers to improve health and safety performance, create a culture of proactive health and safety, and reduce costs associated with workplace incidents.
- Energy Safety Canada is the COR Certifying Partner for the oil and gas industry.
- We are the only Certifying Partner that offers multi-province CORs.
These are just some of the ways Energy Safety Canada’s Industry Development and Support team can help your company keep workers safe, save money and, ultimately, improve its safety performance.
To contact a member of the IDS team, email Safety@EnergySafetyCanada.com