Even in an economic downturn, our industry’s commitment to safety training and best practices never faltered. During the year, we offered more than 90 courses, with over 202,000 enrollments – numbers that are a testament to the safety culture of the oil and gas industry.
If you followed this blog during the year, you will know that safety culture and process safety are two of our main strategic priorities. That’s why many of our initiatives were focussed on those priorities, and on helping to make safety training and resources readily available for all. With that in mind, here are a few of 2015’s safety highlights:
- Executive Task Force on Safety Culture. Formed in conjunction with our industry associations, this task force is working to develop a common vision and strategic approach to safety culture for the entire industry.
- 64th Petroleum Safety Conference (PSC). This was another successful event, attended by over 1,100 guests. Be sure to join us in Banff, from May 3-5th, 2016, as we celebrate the PSC’s 65th anniversary.
- Discounted safety training fees. To help keep our programs accessible during an economic downturn, we extended a 15 per cent discount, effective October 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016.
- New Enform website. We redesigned our website to make it more helpful, and easier to navigate. Check it out – it’s packed with valuable information and resources.
- PetroLMI. Our workforce division published three different reports: ‘Falling Oil Prices and Decreased Spending – Employment Impacts’, ‘Rotating, Not Relocating: Alberta’s Oil and Gas Rotational Workforce’ and ‘Shifting Priorities and a Shifting Workforce’.
- Frontline Magazine. Launched at the end of 2014, our new magazine has become a popular source of safety articles and oil and gas information, and three more issues were published in 2015.
Plus … the top five blog posts of 2015
- 4 common safety hazards and how to make them safer
- Enform 101 – everything you want to know about us
- Face to face – get to know Enform’s Paula Campkin
- Get to know our CEO, Cameron MacGillivray
- How Enform works
Those were the posts which had the most readers – which was your favourite post of the year?
We’re hard at work producing new initiatives and resources for 2016, and our focus on safety culture and process safety will continue. Stay tuned to this blog, and we’ll keep you posted.